[Ebay] 1971 Guillows P-38 Balsa Flying Model...Rare!

Thank you for showing why the word "Rare" is such an abused joke on Ebay. What is rare about the still in production Guillows P-38 which I can buy new at any of my local hobby shops and just about any online mail order house that sells Guillows Models? I am certainly not going to trust the sales pitch by someone too lazy to take a few minutes to find out that the item they are selling is still in production or dishonest enough to slap "Rare" on something they know is not. So which one are you lazy, dishonest or a mixture of both?

Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

BobAndVickey wrote: still in production Guillows P-38 which I can buy new at

Or right from Guillows website direct:

Rare indeed.

Warren.

Reply to
Warren May

Rare ?

Hardly.

Hope it sells for the current high bid of ten bucks.

Serve you right, idiot. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Too late.., it's already at $12.50

And WTF is "MIB" that he's listed on all of his kits? He certainly couldn't mean "New In Box", and since the plastic wrap has been removed to show the contents, it cannot be "Mint In Box".

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

How about "Mostly Ignorant Buyers", which is what he is trolling for to buy his junk on E-bay. Wow a 33 year old Guillows kit with dried out balsa and yellowed brittle plastic parts, but the nasty oily cube of clay is still mushy and is considered a major selling point. That sounds so much better than buying a new one off the hobby shop shelf don't you think? ;-) I can't wait to see the end of the auction when some idiot will probably buy it from this crook at near the price he could have ordered a new one. Oh and if you contact the bidders and inform them on Ebay it is considered inteferance by Ebay and they can kick you out. Had this happen to a friend that first contacted the seller and Ebay before contacting the highest bidder on an item that was clearly mis-described and was not capatable with the computer system the description said it was. So we know which way Ebay leans.

Bob Ruth

Reply to
BobAndVickey

Like the bidder who "won" the bid at $65........ when the 'But it now' was $64.95. DUH, Double DUH, maybe even 'Triple Dog DUH' !!!

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Mind you, maybe one could consider a 1971 Guillows kit rare, since it is rare that someone wouldn't have tossed it out by now while cleaning up their workshop.

Mike D.

Reply to
M Dennett