Engines & recorders

I'm looking for a very large model aircraft engine to use in a ground effect research vehicle.

Also heard that there are recorders that transmit data back to the ground while in flight and downloadable after landing. Does anyone know? Thanks, Fred

Reply to
fred

define large? or power output required is 100cc 7.1kw large enough?

Reply to
Kevin

Get a two stroke from a weed whacker etc. Cheaper.

Yes, but can't help beyond that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

| I'm looking for a very large model aircraft engine to use in a ground | effect research vehicle.

There's dozens of possible sources. One good one would be

You might also want to convert a weed-whacker engine for your use (they're usually a lot cheaper!), and if that's not big enough, you probably want to look somewhere other than engines designed for R/C use ...

| Also heard that there are recorders that transmit data back to the | ground while in flight and downloadable after landing.

Stuff from

is probably the most popular with the R/C crowd.

Reply to
Doug McLaren