ESC wiring color IDs

I finally came around to using an old (20 plus years) 2 channel RC set (Hi-Tech Challenger 2 HT-24HB) and ESC Hi-Tech (SP-10-40A 6-8.4V).

The RC servo has a Red-Black-Black three wire cable.

The ESC has a (L to R) White-Red-Black three wire cable. The ESC connector had a spine key which I had to shave off to fit the RC receiver socket. This connector can be fitted either way (180 deg rotated.)

Before I turn the set up on I realize that the ESC may have incompatible pin outs and that can fry the ESC.

Q1. What do the ESC colur wires represent ? (L to R) Red = +ve, Black -ve and White = control signal? Q2. Is there a way I can use a multimeter to measure the pin outs of the servo socket? Q3. Then should I match the wires to the ESC with those

I just realized that both are Hi-Tech products. The chances are that the cabling will be compatible across their whole product line. Except for that possible connector 180 deg mix-up since the key had to be removed. So what is the correct orientation?

Q4. The ESC specs 4 - 8.4 V. I am using the RC for a boat. I'd like to use a small 12V motorcycle battery. Will the ESC handle 12V?

Thanks.

Reply to
PaPa Peng

red is positive, black is negative, and white is signal.

Q2. Is there a way I can use a

I'm not sure.

I have never heard of a servo having wire colors of red black black. So I don't know what configuration that might be in.

You would probably burn the esc up if you put 12 volts into it.

Reply to
Vance