Foam Friendly Paint !

Can anyone out there help me with advice on the best or the correct typ

of paint to use on EPP Foam and DEPRON models please ? I am based i the UK so if any of you fellow modellers can reccomend any UK base Companies I'd be most grateful. Eddie. ( T B.

-- Thunder Barro

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Thunder Barrow's Profile:

this thread:

Thunder Barrow

Hi TB, No info on UK but I've successfully used acrylic paints on many types of foam. They are available at many hobby shops for use on plastic models and many Arts & Craft stores handle them. AFAIK they are water based therefore no solvents. Polyurethane paints and varnishes (Rustoleum etc.) work on some foams and I think latex paints may work but I suspect they are heavier. I'm sure someone will chime in here and correct me if I am wrong ;-)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Yes, any acrylic paint, available from DIY stores such as B&Q, will do. I have even used some white semigloss ceiling paint, just don't put it on too thick, as it adds extra weight. (Thin with water)

No doubt there is a special formula quality paint from your hobby shop at a much greater cost.

BTW, if it doesn't say acrylic on the label, just check the cleanup instructions. If it says clean brushes in water/detergent it will be acrylic

You can also use solarfilm if you want a bit of extra detail, don't have the iron too hot.

HTH

Trffor

Reply to
Trefor

Emulsiion paint ain't bad.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you for your help and good advice evryone . . . would you folk

believe I have recently taken up painting as an extra hobby and gues what ! ! ! I have a drawer full of 250 ml sized tubes of acryli paints ! ! ! Doh ! :confused: shame they are all tubes an not bottled paints ! ! !

Thanks again folks.

HAPPY FLYING & HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL READERS ! :) :cool

-- Thunder Barro

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Thunder Barrow's Profile:

this thread:

Thunder Barrow

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:45:08 -0600, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Thunder Barrow instead replied:

Mix them with a bit of water and apply them as normal. Also, to ensure fuel proofing, after you apply them use a water based polyurethane clear coat to seal it.

The same back at you! I hope your stocking is filled with servos, batteries and a receiver or two!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I would suspect he doesn't need to fuel proof due to being leccy

Trefor

Trefor

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:37:10 -0000, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and "Trefor" instead replied:

I presume nothing about the readers of posts here. I added that as an afterthought for those who might use fuel. Note that "also" bit I inserted for that purpose.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad