Futaba Xtal question

I have just bought a second hand FF7 radio and am now after some spare crystals. I had a look on Ebay and there were loads but they all state
that they are single conversion? My Rx is dual conversion so do I need to buy special crystals??
TIA
cheers, Len
You MUST use dual conversion crystals. There is nothing special about them. The single conversion crystals on ebay are for use on old equipment or foreign use. DO NOT BUY THEM unless you have a single conversion receiver. Regular dual conversion crystals are available from tower hobbies, servo city, or any of a number of different places.

| I have just bought a second hand FF7 radio and am now after some spare | crystals. I had a look on Ebay and there were loads but they all state | that they are single conversion? My Rx is dual conversion so do I need | to buy special crystals??
The FF7 is a transmitter, not a receiver. Single conversion and dual conversion are receiver terms, not transmitter terms, so those crystals are definately very wrong.
Transmitter and receiver crystals are typically different, and single conversion and dual conversion receiver crystals are different as well (from each other.) To make matters worse, crystals from different manufacturers are often different as well.
To be safe, get crystals from Futaba -- don't try to save money getting them on Ebay until you know what you're doing.
Of course, some people don't like you changing crystals at all on your own. But as long as you get the right crystals, and don't stray more than a few channels from your original frequency, you're probably fine.
He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but
Read his question again!!!

jeboba wrote:

The original question is rather unclear.
He might be asking about spare transmitter xtals to use his FF7 with his existing Rx - in which case, or course, the question of single/double conversion is completely irrelevant. He needs Tx xtals.
Or he might have been asking about xtals to use in his d/con rx so that he can use it with his new FF7. In which case he needs a d/con xtal suitable for the make of Rx he has.
--
John P. - who flies on Epsom Downs, UK.
http://www.flyrc.org.uk /