Hornby Princess Coronation

Does this loco, http://www.ehattons.com/StockDetail.aspx?SID%748 come with a replacement set of flanged wheels for the pony truck?
Cheers, Dobbin

I doubt it. However if you intend to run this model on your railway, fitting flanged wheels is NOT a good idea as the trailing truck is fixed. I think you may be getting mixed up with the streamlined Coronations from the same stable where a replacement bogie is provided for those of us who have decent radii curves on our layouts. This baby too has flangeless wheels on the trailing truck and frankly you will never notice this when the model is running. Mine runs beautifully. I have little doubt that the unstreamlined version will be equally good.
Alistair W

Thanks for that. Dobbin

Agree with Alistair, was bit concerned when fixed truck first came out but after first run was more than happy with it. Last Duchess I bought - City of Sheffield - does include spare flanged wheels but not sure how well the loco would cope with any curves if fitted. if you are reluctant to have fixed truck then look for a second hand City of Glasgow (R2311), thats a super detailed without fixed truck and as far as I can tell same livery - if anyone can show different let me know.
cheers, Simon