G-38 prop?

Will a G-38 turn a 20-8 Zinger prop? What kind of rpm should I be looking for if it can? I've been told that the G-38 can turn a 20" prop but now I see it is outside of the specs (18 ") for the engine. What prop are you using? Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

I ran a G-38 with a 22-6 on my first 1/4 scale Fokker Dr.1. I was getting around 6K, if I remember correctly. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Last year when I came upon a used G38 I had the same question. I talked to a number of folks at a fly-in and the consensus of the guys using them seemed to be an 18 X 6-10. Ed

JosLvng wrote:

Reply to
Ed Smega
18x 6-10 is all I have ever used. I'm sure that you can give and take on the pitch and dia. I'm thinking mine turns around 7K.
Reply to
Flyinglindy

Thanks for the info and also to the others that have replied. Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng