glow ignitor

Jim,

What does this mean "put a long cover"? What does cover mean?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
AdamsGroup

How about giving us some more information, like the complete sentence.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Norm, I was afraid that was a little criptique. The following is from an earlier post that I meant to "reply" to but it seems I created a new posting...geeez.

The sentence that I was curious about is "Put a long cover between the coller and the switch if you want heat for a long time."

Thanks for your help

Tim

Subject: Re: Remote glow driver Switch From: "Six_O'Clock_High" Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com Date: 8/25/2003 4:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Build a cheap one! Get a micro switch and put a wheel coller on your throttle cable near the servo. Mount the micro switch so that the wheel coller pushes the micro switch. Wire it up properly and you are in business. Put a long cover between the coller and the switch if you want heat for a long time.

Good luck,

-- Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Y-lead.

Reply to
AdamsGroup

That's cryptic, not criptique! !LOL at myself.

Tim

Reply to
AdamsGroup

That must have been a French moment!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Maybe Six can elaborate better, but I'm assuming that he means to make the width of the collar wider, so as you increase throttle the collar will continue to press the switch down. You could do this by putting two collars right next to each other, or as he said make some kind of cover which makes the collar wider.

Reply to
Normen Strobel