rubber band on engine

I have an engine that was left with a rubber band around it and now the band has melted to the engine. What's the best way to get that off. thanks Eddie Fulmer

Reply to
Efulmer

solvent? thinner?

Reply to
Ben

Just run it a bit more I reckon :0-)

In time it will turn into something that can be brushed off.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

...talk dirty to it?

Reply to
Scott Klinger

Ahhhh.. An IC/rubber-band hybrid, i've heard about these. Wind it up 100 turns then give it a flick the opposite way. One to go on the shelf with the solar-powered torch I reckon. Anyone done a wind-powered fan yet?

Reply to
MDJ

Paint thinner, Rubbing alcholol, Goof Off, and maybe a little common sense.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick W.