Glue for CF tubes?

I've always heard use jb weld for putting inserts in Carbon tubes. My
brother asked me what glue to use to put inserts into carbon arrow shafts.
Anyone have experience with this?
TIA,
mk
Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers
On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:24:32 -0500, "Storm's Hamburgers" wrote in :
The carbon shafts take CA very, very well.
The problem is that the carbon seems to catalyze the polymerization of the glue--it seems to set MUCH more rapidly than when using the same glue to join two pieces of wood.
Epoxy also works very well.
I'm quite confident that the polyurethanes would work, too, though I've never had the occasion to try them.
Marty
Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ
There is a glue called "Flash Black" made specifically for carbon and fiberglass. Its flexible and also sets very quick. Regular CA and epoxy also work well. KD
Reply to
Ken Day
We use carbon fiber drive shafts for our heli tail rotor drive. We glue the metal inserts in the tube with slow drying JB weld. there is a tremendous load on these shafts and the JB weld never fails. Just ruff up the carbon a little and the JB weld will hold .
Reply to
G MAN

Site Timeline