Taking a model apart

I know this is a long shot, but has anyone had experience of actually taking
a partially built model apart?
I've just picked up a kit from someone at work (hasegawa F-15) & his young
son has partially build the fuselage and cockpit, but not done a brilliant
job with joining the panels.
I thought that a very sharp knife to seperate the pieces again then cleaning
up before rejoining would be the best option considering plastic cement work
by welding the plastic together. Cockpit might be a different matter
altogether though.....might just end up being replaced. Does anyone agree
with this or am I being stupid and missing an obvious trick?
Cheers
Mark
Reply to
Mark
Stick it in the coldest part of your freezer for a couple days - the cold will make the glue-bonds weaker
Take it out, and while it's still cold, gently pry apart using a knife.
Depending on how old the model is, sometimes they almost fall apart themselves in the freezer
Reply to
Astro-buff
I've always heard the freezer trick too. Assuming this young fellow used tube glue, sometimes you can carefully dissolve it by applying liquid glue to the joints. But in my own experience I've been lucky and usually manage to just use brute force along with scoring on the l> I know this is a long shot, but has anyone had experience of actually tak= ing
Reply to
eyeball
D'you know, I almost didn't post this request because I didn't possibly think that there would be any other methods that would help.
Just goes to show what collective wisdom there is out there!
Thanks so much for the pointers
Mark
Reply to
Mark