Trainer cable Futaba 9Z - FX-18

Does anybody know if it is possible to connect a robbe/Futaba FX-18 (student) to a Futaba T9ZAP (teacher). The robbe catalog has lots of trainer
cables, but none for both T9ZAP and FX-18 transmitter.

trainer
Hi,
There is no problem to connect both TX for buddy box purpose. The 2 cables you need have the following references :
1) Futaba F1576 : adapter-cable with the round Din connector on one side and a mono female jack 3.5mm (1/8"), the round Din being for master TX. See here for an example : http://shop.lindinger.at/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID 127&NextPage=%2FProductTree%2Easp%3FCategoryID%3D478%26PPP%3D%26SP%3D0
2) Futaba or Robbe 8362 : trainercable with on one side mono male jack 3.5mm (1/8") and on the other side mono jack male 2.5mm (1/10"). here a pic : http://www.e-heli-shop.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id 35
Of course, it's very easy to solder a cable yourself : use figure 7f-05 of chapter 7 of my website. Anyway, do not forget to set the specific switch inside the FX18 on "stu"-position to use as slave (student) !!!
Olivier
--
http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX : buddy box compatibility problems between
different brands of RC-transmitters.

Thanks for your help. After checking everything I discoverd I had switched pos en neg wires. Your website is great with a lot of information, it's in my favorites now.