Trainer cords, Hitec?

I have a hitec radio and will need to use a trainer cord good for futaba. I have read hitec cords are one way cords on ebay and that the student will have to remove the crystal from his radio.If the instructors crystal does not match the recievors how is the plane controled? Tower hobby says nothing about this in there catolog. Will a round end trainer cord with an end matching a futaba work with the students hitec radio channel 22 and a channel 16 futaba,without any crystals removed? I am confused and thank your responces.

Reply to
rcroger

I have a Hitec... and the buddy box is a dummy transmitter (looks like a transmitter, but the sticks and trim adjustment are used) if that makes sense..

we are not using 2 transmitter.. just one that signals the plane, and the buddy (dummy) box. hope that helps.

also we found out that even though the connectors at each end of the cable were the same it would only work when the correct connectors were plugged into the box's

Reply to
++++Jack++++

========================================= I think the confusion comes from semantics of which radio is "instructor" and which is "student".

The transmitter that actually controls the plane will be held by the instructor, and is considered the "instructor's" radio, regardless of who owns it.

The "student" radio, no matter who owns it, doesn't need a crystal or a battery in the Hitec/Futaba combination.

With the Hitec one-way cord, you're not supposed to have to remove the "student" crystal; but I removed mine anyway.

If the Futaba has the square connector, you have to use a Futaba cord and you do need to remove the "student" crystal.

Regards, Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

refer to

and scroll down to

Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads.Simulators.Interface in particular

TX 2 TX provides answers for almost every combination. regards

Alan T. Alan's Hobby Web Links

A.T.