goggles/hat combo...

I saw a video of a guy flying his warbird with his gear on! looks very funny... but i got to thinking where could i find such ww2 stuff ?already tried ebay... any ideas? might be a hoot while at the field! snipped-for-privacy@i-2000.com

Reply to
GaijinGig

Try eBay again. They usually list a few WWII helmets and goggles of several different types. You can also find jet helmets and sometimes even WWI style stuff. Use "helmet" or "leather helmet" or "leather flight helmet" as your search.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Actually, if you can get a JC Whitney motorcycle catalog, they offer both a leather aviator's cap and a couple different styles of goggles.

Reply to
BÿkrDan

They do show goggles. They also show a leather baseball cap and riding cap. Neither are avitor's FLYING helmets, in the style used in WWI and WWII. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

He might also try "kriegsartikel" I hope the mastery of the German language is good. ;)

Reply to
Pé Reivers

Right - I'm familiar with those, but the latest printing also shows a leather, lined (looks like wool or something) helmet, complete with chin strap. I'm sure it's a cheap knockoff of what was actually used in wartime, but I doubt if there's anything similar to be had for a reasonable price.

Reply to
BÿkrDan

Cool. Strange the website doesn't show it in their online catalog. Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver

Reply to
GaijinGig