Gravity feed fuel system?

Hi all,
I'm using a Norvel 0.061 Start'up engine for a model hovercraft, and have
realised that the silencer (muffler to our American friends) is not suitable
for a pressurised tank system - at least I'm pretty sure it is not - here's
a link to the Norvel part:

Two questions:
Can the above silencer be used for a pressurised tank?
Given that it cannot, will the engine work if I mount the tank at such a
level that a gravity feed will work? Don't forget that the engine will be
mounted pointing upwards!
Thanks,
James
Reply to
James
Look again at the Norvel site. Under "accessories" for the .061 engine, they show a muffler with a pressure tap. I think it's #04-06. Get that one.
Dick Pettit R/C REPORT Magazine
Reply to
Dick pettit
On 12/31/2003 1:58 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:
If the muffler mentioned by Dick Pettit doesn't fit, buy a pressure tap, drill the appropriate size hole and instal it yourself. Tip: If you do do it yourself, make sure the muffler and tap are CLEAN (go over the area with alcohol before installing the tap) and use some JB Weld around the outside of the tap. It will seal it very well and the tap will not come out.
Reply to
Ted Campanelli
Hi Dick, Yes, spotted that, was trying to avoid extra expense (the Financial Controller has been casting her eyes over my credit card bill!).
Thanks for the pointer, though,
James
Reply to
James
Hi Ted, That's a good idea - will look at that option.
James

James
Hi James,
One way to make a pressure tap is to drill a hole and tread it for e.g. a 3mm bold. Drill a 1.5 mm hole in a M3x10 en screw that one in. Seal it with some heat resistant bond.
good luck re maarten
Reply to
Maarten
Or, you can just buy a pressure tap and install it. There are some that have a nut on the back side so you don't even need to tap the hole.
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Maarten, Paul, Thanks for the info -will investigate.
James
Reply to
James