Great Planes Stuka, Swastika?

Where can I buy a couple correct sized swastika decals to make this
model complete? They go on the vertical stab and should be pretty big.
I was not really looking to get into a discussion about politics,
it's a hostorical scale thing and not a nazi lover thing. OK.
I am starting to assemble this ARF using a new Saito FA-100 and
will also install the operational flaps. I am changing the camo a bit
to a desert sceme by spraying tan (sand gelb) over the factory greens
in most areas making the green look like large spots. This seems to
have been done during the war so it should be considered "authentic",
yes? I had to mix my own color and it is very very close having used
white, tan, and a bit of orange. It will be air brushed on.
I am not new to modeling although I -AM- new to RC models. This
is my third plane so any advise is invited and welcome. This is also
the first time I am painting on monocote film and this "dope" paint is
very hot! Thin coats, yes?
Thanks, have fun, Karl.
honda Ruehs At cOx Dot nEt
(aol email is shut off)
Reply to
Karl
Where can I buy a couple correct sized swastika decals to make this model complete? They go on the vertical stab and should be pretty big.
I was not really looking to get into a discussion about politics, it's a hostorical scale thing and not a nazi lover thing. OK.
Thanks, have fun, Karl. honda Ruehs At cOx Dot nEt (aol email is shut off) =================================== As far as I know, you cannot find them already made. A sign shop [FastSigns is one locally] that does window or vehicle lettering could make them for you. You'll probably have to provide "artwork", probably on graph paper, of exactly what you need.
Carrell
Reply to
Carrell
On 10/11/2003 12:03 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:
If you have a scanner and a photo editor, scan them into the computer and size them to what you want. Do a test print on paper to confirm the size then print it out on somw water slide decal paper. This also comes in very handy when you need to "create" your own decals.

Ted Campanelli
Best bet would be to buy some monokote trim sheets, and cut your own swastikas with an exacto knife.
Reply to
Normen Strobel
Right On.
Swastika is easiest you will ever make. Cut a square as the emblem is a square all around. Make the swastika from black and lay on the white. Outline the white and paste it on. Very easy.
Reply to
CainHD
Where can I buy a couple correct sized swastika decals to make this model complete? They go on the vertical stab and should be pretty big.
You can buy them from Tower. Do a search for "Major Decals" and you'll see that they have at least 2 sheets that include the swastikas.
-Dan
Reply to
haywardd