Great Planes Stuka, Swastika?

Where can I buy a couple correct sized swastika decals to make this model complete? They go on the vertical stab and should be pretty big.

I was not really looking to get into a discussion about politics, it's a hostorical scale thing and not a nazi lover thing. OK.

I am starting to assemble this ARF using a new Saito FA-100 and will also install the operational flaps. I am changing the camo a bit to a desert sceme by spraying tan (sand gelb) over the factory greens in most areas making the green look like large spots. This seems to have been done during the war so it should be considered "authentic", yes? I had to mix my own color and it is very very close having used white, tan, and a bit of orange. It will be air brushed on.

I am not new to modeling although I -AM- new to RC models. This is my third plane so any advise is invited and welcome. This is also the first time I am painting on monocote film and this "dope" paint is very hot! Thin coats, yes?

Thanks, have fun, Karl. honda Ruehs At cOx Dot nEt (aol email is shut off)

Reply to
Karl

I was not really looking to get into a discussion about politics, it's a hostorical scale thing and not a nazi lover thing. OK.

Thanks, have fun, Karl. honda Ruehs At cOx Dot nEt (aol email is shut off) =================================== As far as I know, you cannot find them already made. A sign shop [FastSigns is one locally] that does window or vehicle lettering could make them for you. You'll probably have to provide "artwork", probably on graph paper, of exactly what you need.

Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

On 10/11/2003 12:03 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

If you have a scanner and a photo editor, scan them into the computer and size them to what you want. Do a test print on paper to confirm the size then print it out on somw water slide decal paper. This also comes in very handy when you need to "create" your own decals.

Ted Campanelli

Best bet would be to buy some monokote trim sheets, and cut your own swastikas with an exacto knife.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Right On.

Swastika is easiest you will ever make. Cut a square as the emblem is a square all around. Make the swastika from black and lay on the white. Outline the white and paste it on. Very easy.

Reply to
CainHD

Where can I buy a couple correct sized swastika decals to make this model complete? They go on the vertical stab and should be pretty big.

You can buy them from Tower. Do a search for "Major Decals" and you'll see that they have at least 2 sheets that include the swastikas.

-Dan

Reply to
haywardd