Hanger 9 Twist

I have this plane and my wife gave me an Optic 6 computer radio for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone has this plane with flaperons set up. Wondering if there are any problems with tip stalling using the flaperons. Any suggestions re: rudder to aileron mixing, or expo percents are appreciated.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Earle

A couple of these are at our field. It slows real well for landing and handles nice.There's really no reason to mix anything unless you just want to try it. These guys have 40% expo in the ailerons and elevator.Everything else is neutral.Flaperons are really not necessary. It's pretty sensitive on the ailerons.That's why they put the expo in there...... Good luck

Reply to
TX_QBALL

Yes, but not worth the bother. This one sweet handler at slow speeds & flaperons just aren't needed.

I love the H-9 Twist just for it's slow speed handling. With my Saito

82, the Twist has unlimited vertical, and is fun to fly ultra slow.

Jim

Reply to
Jim