Help with Sig Ninja

All I have left of a Sig Ninja is the foam cores. The rest, including the plans and building instructions, were lost in a flood. I need to know a few basic measurements so I can use the cores for something else other than a glider. How long was the nose..wing LE to nose tip? Distance from wing TE to LE of stab? Basic dimensions/areas of the stab and rudder. Stuff like that. Anybody able to fill in those details? TIA Bill Kolofa

Reply to
Stoc005

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Kolofa) asks:

plans and building instructions, were lost in a flood. I need to know a few basic measurements (deleted)<

Bill,

I purchased a used Ninja at a swap meet. It's measurements are as follows:

Fuselage fuse length 37-1/4" (NOT LOA measurement - add elevator chord for LOA) wing LE to nose 10-1/4" wing TE to stab LE 12-7/8"

Stab and Elevator (measurements given INCLUDE Elevator - Elevator chord is

1-1/2") root chord 5-3/8" tip chord 3-1/2" span 18" (Elevator hinge line is at back of fuse)

Vertical Fin and Rudder (moveable Rudder is optional - measurements given INCLUDE Rudder) root chord 6-3/4" (rudder root chord 1-1/2" - INCLUDED in previous dimension) tip chord 2" (rudder tip chord 1" - INCLUDED in previous dimension) fin height 6" rudder TE sweep 10 deg (80 deg from root chord line) Trailing edge of Fin/Rudder Root is at rear of fuselage, forward of Elevator hinge line.

Wing root chord 10-1/8" tip chord (hard to measure - tip block is 1" wide)(my tip block has a curved LE) span 58" aileron - Span 22", Chord 1-1/2" (outboard end of Aileron stops at outboard end of core, tip block is solid to wing TE)

Hope these help you Ken Barnes

Reply to
KEN BARNES

Try the following link: