troubles building Me 262 Mistel

I'm still building the Dragon 1/48 Me 262 Mistel and I found out yesterday that the supports (struts?) for the Grossebombe don't match at all. It has 5 supports: 1 under the nose, 2 under the wing root and 2 outside of the engines. Since the holes I had to drill were accurately marked on the wing inside I think the outside supports are just too long, but before cutting them I'd like to have another opinion. Moreover, the outer supports have a good match with the nose one, while the inner supports make the bomb move

1mm back so that the nose hole doesn't match the nose support.

Here some pics to make the situation clearer :o)

You can see that if the bomb stands on the outer ones, i have a gap of 1-2 mm over the inner supports. I checked the instructions twice looking for anything I could have missed, but it seems I didn't make any mistake. Also, the profile of the mistel in the instructions shows that outer supports are in the correct position and anyway drilling new holes ahead of the original holes is impossible. It seems that the right thing to do is cutting the outer supports to shorten and maybe drill a new hole in the nose, but - as I said before - I'd like to read another opinion before making irreversible damages... :o)

I thought of properly re-shaping the inner struts, but they have to stand the weight of 2 planes and a lot of steel so i'm a little afraid of weakening them... :o)

Another question: the panel lines of the real bomb should have been filled with putty. Should I fill them too, or just paint the putty filling over them?

TIA :o)

Frankie

Reply to
Venerabile Frakkia

Hey, Frankie. I see no one answered... hmm, I wonder if that Mistel just didn't catch on. I built one from scratch before that kit came out, using resources and some imagination to fit the struts. Check out my web page.

Dragon kit struts look way too big, too thick. I used much thinner material. About the panel lines: the DML/Dragon kit lines are not too bad, but you are right that they should be filled; painting the putty on works too. Steve

Reply to
stevebrauning

ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@f19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

Hi Steve. Thanks a lot for your help. Your web page will be really useful! :o)

Frankie

Reply to
Venerabile Frakkia