I love RealFlight G4

Do you run with all of the options on? Do you run on NonPhotoRealistic fields? (The PhotoRealistic fields require less processing power as indicated by the greater frame-rate). What is your frame-rate?

I have a 2.4 Ghz Celeron with 2.0 GB RAM, and a PCI Nvidia

6200. I can't even get a decent framerate on 4.0 on the NonPhoto fields unless I turn the options down a little bit. No clouds no shadows, low foliage density.
Reply to
Peter Olcott

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 19:36:33 -0600 "Peter Olcott" remarked:

Don't know what my frame rate is. I did boot into Windows today and applied the latest update to realflight from 4.50.025 to 4.50.036. I now notice a slight hesitation when I first advance the throttle on take off. But that is the only glitch I see. The hesitation is so slight I almost didn't notice it. I wonder if it's always been there and never noticed it?

Anyways, I always turn everything up details and graphics wise and run that way, then start turning details down until it runs smooth and I didn't have to turn it down in G4 and Didn't when I updated to G4.5.

Reply to
Vance Howard

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 18:17:14 -0600, "Peter Olcott" wrote in :

Could well be. I have a friend with G4.5. I think he has a Radeon card, too--and he's got the same glitch.

It happens even with most of the graphics stuff turned off. I just turned it all back on again and got used to the glitches. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

4.0 reports the framerate, so 4.5 probably does too, this is the most objective measure of choppiness. 20 fps is about the minimum with no detectable choppyness.
Reply to
Peter Olcott

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:44:49 -0600, "Peter Olcott" wrote in :

The thing that some of us are complaining about is not choppiness throughout the flight.

It's a momentary freeze part way down the runway on takeoff, at a couple of other parts of the sky, and on crashing.

I saw it on the RF setup at the store, too, a couple of weeks ago.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

In my case I thought that I remembered that the problem was a frame rate of about 1 or 2.

"Martin X. Moleski, SJ" wrote in message news:kbCdndrX6-mjrQPUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com...

Reply to
Peter Olcott