Identify engine

I have an OS 25 2cycle motor that I'm not sure of the model. It has a 2A carb and a &62 muffler. The motor body has the transfer port bulge on the side of the cylinder, but to the left of the OS MAX label, not in the center of the cylinder like the FSR motors. Is this a 25F? a 25FS or FSR? Is the muffler/carb combo not original to this motor? Any help would be appreciated. TIA Howard

Reply to
Howard

Try the OS web site. They have some great archival pics there and they are quick to respond to queries, as well. Gord Schindler MAAC6694

Gord Schindler
2A carb is listed as going on the 20 and 25 FP engines. But the 762 muffer goes on the 25FSR. If it has ball bearings it is an FSR, plain bearings it is an FP. here is a link to a 25FSR picture home.no.net/laerar/images/os25fsr.jpg and here is a 25FP picture.

links start with the usual http//

Earle

Reply to
adelphia direct