Important - Temporary Flight Restrictions NY NJ area from FAA

Taken from the AMA web site

you are in the affected area, there is a map on the AMA site. The newer TFR specifically mentions models.

Temporary Flight Restrictions (Added 8/27/04)

Notice to AMA members, especially those residing or operating their model aircraft within 20 Nautical Miles (NM) of JFK, La Guardia, and Newark airports.

The Federal Aviation Administration has established Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFR) for the areas mentioned above. There will be no model aircraft operations allowed to take place within these restricted areas.

This TFR will begin at 7:00 p.m. local time on September 1, 2004, and continue to 6:59 am local time on September 3, 2004.

We are sharing this information for the purpose of advising our members of the serious nature of this TFR and urging all to cooperate by abiding by the rules as stated.

For a complete description off the TFR click

We strongly encourage all members to be cooperative and understanding these times of special national security concerns and as always, if you should have additional questions please contact Jay Mealy.

Reply to
J_R