Inverted Engine Floods

I have an OS 60FSR inverted in a plane and the only way I can get it to start is to turn the plane upside down. The engine constantly floods. The fuel lines are level with the carb per the specs in the AC manual and there is no way to lower the tank short of tearing the Front end off the bird. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
Ted

On Sat, 1 May 2010 17:01:22 -0700 (PDT), Ted wrote in :

Try a Cline regulator?

Haven't done that myself. But I don't see any other way to slow the flow down if you've got the tank too high.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Get a pair of hemostats and clamp the supply line until you are ready to start the engine. Flip it through a few times before unclamping the supply line. Make sure you are not too rich.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High