Jamara spitfire

Pros and con on the 90 size spitfire from the UK RChobby shop. Thanks

Reply to
bill

Hi Bill,

I got a Jamara Spitfire on Ebay, brand new in the box. The plane is beautiful looking and appears to be well built. However, the covering peels off easily and gets bubbles every time I fly it. The first day I had it, I was holding the fuse right behind the cowling while I was starting the engine and my hand partially crushed the fuselage. I swear I was not holding it that tight!

Take off roll is very short, about 30 feet. I have an OS 91FS Surpass up front with a 14 x 8 prop and the plane has tons of power and lift. It seems fairly stable and predictable in flight and the pitch (up and down) is VERY sensitive to the throttle.

Landings are uneventfull and the model really slows well with no stalling. BUT, when on final approach, any crosswind blows the Spit way off track, so alot of rudder is required in this case.

Ground handling is a bit tuff as the model seems very nose heavy (tail light) when properly balanced.

I cracked the cowl and contacted Global Hobbies (instructions claim that Global is the importer) but they claim no knowledge of this model. I emailed Jamara about 2 weeks ago and the have yet to respond. So I guess the biggest problem is lack of customer support.

Any questions, please let me know.

Reply to
James Ellis

Hi Bill,

I checked the website you mentioned. That is NOT the same airplane. The giantscaleplanes.com version looks alot better than the Jamara airplane. And it is slightly larger.

Reply to
James Ellis