Magnum Engines

Would someone please tell me the differences between Magnum XL and Magnum XLS engines.

Thanks, Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

I'm no expert, but seeing as how nobody else has replied so far, I'll take a stab at it:

XL and XLS are simply naming conventions for series of engines like O.S. has FX or AX series 2-strokes. The XLS series Magnums are generally the newest

2-stroke designs. 2-stroke series engines with the XL designations are generally older designs, all though in some cases they are still the model currently being offered.

The 4-stroke series engines still carry the XL designation, but are labled with the RFS tag (Ringed Four Stroke) at the end of the name.

A Magnum XL .46 would denote an older .46-size Magnum 2-stroke where as the current model is the Magnum XLS .46A. The Magnum XL .52 RFS is the current model of .52-size four stroke.

This is all a bit arbitrary, confusing, and not particularly useful. Wish I'd known something more useful to share with you.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Paasch