Mathewson VP Dist II reports on turbine regs

The only storm troopers I can think of were both on the side of oppression. (star wars and Nazi Germany).

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Which is great. We can say we did something about it by passing useless legislation, and just go on ignoring the law and doing what we were doing. When something happens, we'll point fingers and get around to enforcing the regs. Worked for Airport Security, why not us?

Reply to
John Alt

Paul

You have to excuse me for trying to confuse you with the fact that the waiver holders themselves came up with the speed limit. It is only an issue for a handful of them.

I had forgotten how this group would rather take a document that is clearly titled and twist it into something totally unrelated, then turn on each other and start throwing rocks and slinging mud.

The initial document referenced all fixed wing aircraft... as opposed to rotary winged and CL which are also *covered under* the turbine rules. It takes someone that wants to misunderstand the questions to twist them that hard.

Suffice to say that the speed limit is not the issue, but, there is an issue.

Again, sorry to intrude

Reply to
JR

Simple! Assuming you have actually looked at Dean and approve of his behavior, ideas, antics and the like. A Storm Trooper is a known quantity. Dean is anything but! Vote for him and the only thing you can be sure of getting is a shafting! Probably the most obvious will be in the form of more taxes.

I regard myself a pretty good judge of character since my chosen career depended on it. And since I retired at 43, rather well off, I'd say I judge well. I've met and advised the last four Presidents. I would trust either Bush or Reagan with the lives of my family. But I wouldn't let my daughter go near Clinton even with a baseball bat to defend herself.

Nuff Said. Chuck

It was 1987! Lt.Col. Oliver North was testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings. He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?" Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir." The senator continued, "Isn't that just a little excessive?" "No, sir," continued Ollie. "No? And why not?" the senator asked. "Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir." "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered. "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?" "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied. At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked. "Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered. "And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator. "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The senator disagreed with this approach.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore

But even after that, Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners." However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all later reports.

And this is the political party you want to trust your life to? It's all public record. Look it up! If you dare!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

oppression.

I think you're right. At least as far as the actual use of the term goes. However, there have and continue to be a great number of similar groups operating under different names. The Saddam Fede'ine (sp) would be one. The KGB was another. And no doubt someone will point out some government run group here and try to make them sound like the same. To which I have to ask, where are the mass graves? The political prisoners? The widows and orphans they created?

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Of course Six, you know that if Fred is true to form, we will be seeing a "Plunk" from him shortly. How many times will that make for you? I think it will be twice for me but, I'm still somewhat new at this game! :)

Sure wish he'd stick to that word too.

Chuck

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I assume you didn't do background checks for a living. This is a very old hoax that's been going around since just after 9/11.

Every myth busting site has this up. How did we get here from Turbine Regs, anyway?

Reply to
John Alt

The fact is, trying to satisfy some problem with an arbitrary limit does nothing. You have to look at the fundamental causes of the problem and deal with it.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

What problem?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Of course nothing bad ever happened with Reagan or Bush in office!

Ollie North also lied about his involvement in a lot of other things, why not this one, too?

Get off your high horse and face the facts that NO administration is clean.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

LMAO

And this nitwit "advised four presidents"?

Reply to
daytripper

Once again you initiate a "dialog" with me with insults.

Once again I PROVIDED the "evidence" you requested.

When are you going to READ that evidence ?

Never, it appears.

I truly grow weary of your anal arrogant smart-ass comments and name-calling.

Kiss my ass, jerkoff.

You too Branaum. Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

Just another blowhard passing out urban legends as factual.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

[...../] Irony Meter

By extension you would accept Attila The Hun over pretty much anyone to his left because at least you'd know he'd slaughter anything with a pulse.

Yeah, you're a spiffy judge of character...

More than a little presumptuous, though, to presume my question had anything to do with Howard Dean (clue: it clearly did not) or that I apparently am a Dean supporter (fact: I most definitely am not).

And you're not so great on modern US history either, are you? That whole Ollie North canard - that was truly precious work.

Advised four presidents, eh? On what - how to arrange the flowers in the Rose Garden? Really? And retired, too? Isn't that sweet.

File it all under "Who the hell cares?"

hth ;-)

Reply to
daytripper

I gave no "word", certainly not to blowhards like you.

You don't get plunked, not after the personal insults and cheap shots at my expense.

Fine judge of character ? Right.

Self-serving blowhard seems more accurate.

Cheers, Fred McClellan The House Of Balsa Dust

Fred McClellan

While I totally agree with Oliver North, the person he was worried about was Abuni Dahl (sp?). I happened to watch that particular exchange.

While a Mohammad Atta was released, it was not the same person that flew nto the twin towers.

Gore was not the Senator either, this is one of those things that float around the internet, and never seems to be questioned.

Reply to
W4JLE

And retired at 43. . . . do the numbers!

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Arbitrary?... well, no. Flawed logic?... perhaps... but certainly not arbitrary.

Reply to
JR

Makes one wonder if it simply an out for the AMA insurance.

"We suspect that you may have been exceeding the AMA speed limit, therefore lacking proof of a speed limiting device in your aircraft, we must deny coverage for your recent accident"

Nah, I guess I am being too suspicious...

Reply to
W4JLE

When was the last time you heard about the AMA turning down ANY insurance claim, after other insurance (if any) was exhausted?

Reply to
JR