Max. Battery Temperature

What is the maximum battery temperature you should allow your NiCad or Ni-MH battery to get to when charging or discharging? Thanks.

Reply to
Jim & Nancy Stricklin

MotoCalc warns me that battery temps exceeding 140 degrees F. may damage the pack when the particular setup draws too much current for the battery.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Reply to
Hawkey

| The yanks at the York electric flight competitions held last week | here in the UK , were using asbestos gloves to handle their packs | after discharging ! Man oh Man but were they fast - WOW !

Well, I'll bet their packs don't last very long ...

Personally, if the pack is too hot to hold after flying, I flew the plane too hard or I need a bigger pack or something. Of course, I don't do racing or competititive flying ... if I did, I might not mind throwing away $10 or $20 worth of battery in every flight.

Reply to
Doug McLaren