Need help with a Capelis XC-12 project.

I'm trying to collect enough information to scratch build a model of the Capelis XC-12, and it's going to be tough. The prototype aircraft was scrapped, and the patent, which Socrates Capelis was granted pertaining to it, has no useful drawings. I have some images from one of the movies the plane appeared in (Flying Tigers) and three from the net

) but that's about it. I'm hoping someone has information on the whereabouts of the model used in filming, or whether the University of California retained the original drawings. Any other ideas would be sincerely appreciated- this airplane is just too funky to let slip into oblivion!

Reply to
TexMex

I dont know how much of it is covered in the book but I know there is mention of the XC-12. Perhaps you could try and locate a copy if you have not already.

Back to the Drawing Board: Aircraft That Flew But Never Took Off by Bill Gunston

Good luck, very interesting project.

JohnB

Reply to
John

Thanks, John. I located the book and will check it out.

Reply to
TexMex