NexStar - remove dihedral?

Hi all, I've got a NexStar that has served me very well for over a year. Now I would like to take the dihedral out of the wings. Without going into my reasons for doing so, I am seeking information from anyone who has already made this change and could offer some advice. How hard is/was it? I would like to keep the metal rod. I would also like to keep the plastic wing joiner, and retain the screw-mount system (I hate rubber bands).

-Steve in Phx. two snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
two_wheeled

Steve There is a thread on rcgroups.com and a couple on rcuniverse. One method is to remove the plastic brace, bend the metal rod, and then add wood to the gap that is left. Then glass tape the seams and add dowels for the front mount.

Another is to ditch the metal rod, and use wood dowels in three spots along the wing root and then use wood and dowels for the front mount.

Reply to
Jeff Martin