Power supply conversion

I bought 10 AT style computer power supplies. I have converted two into a modeling power supply that provides both 5 and 12 volts. They run my charger and receivers/servos, but not my foam cutting hot wire. I want to sell the remaining 8, along with directions. The final cost to do a conversion would be about $40, including shipping and parts. Is anyone in this group interested, or should I put them on ebay?

Randy

Reply to
BCRandy

I hate to burst your bubble, but you can get good 12V power supplies from surplus electronics places for less than that price. Try

if you need less current try
How much current do you need for foam cutting?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Did mine from Goodwill for about $9. mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Did mine using a pair of snipe, 3 small jackalopes, 6 grams of well aged toenail clippings, a Steve Miller Band "The Joker" 8 track tape, and an odd shaped stone. Puts out 12v at 10 amps, 6v at 10 amps, and blarch googens at 11/34 verbitt. Only cost me 6' of catgut and a femur.

Fubar of the HillPeople Dan KE6ERB AMA605992

Reply to
fubar1

I'm having trouble believing you gave up the 8 track. :) mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

And if that is the stone I think it was, it was stolen from me by a load of bikers around 1971. I'd like it back please.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I had 145 of em and the extra one just didn't fit in the case.

Reply to
fubar1