Power supply conversion

I bought 10 AT style computer power supplies. I have converted two into a modeling power supply that provides both 5 and 12 volts. They run my charger and
receivers/servos, but not my foam cutting hot wire. I want to sell the remaining 8, along with directions. The final cost to do a conversion would be about $40, including shipping and parts. Is anyone in this group interested, or should I put them on ebay?
Randy
BCRandy wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but you can get good 12V power supplies from surplus electronics places for less than that price. Try http://www.mpja.com/products.asp?deptF5&main=1 ; if you need less current try http://www.mpja.com/products.asp?deptG5&main=1 .
How much current do you need for foam cutting?
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Did mine using a pair of snipe, 3 small jackalopes, 6 grams of well aged toenail clippings, a Steve Miller Band "The Joker" 8 track tape, and an odd shaped stone. Puts out 12v at 10 amps, 6v at 10 amps, and blarch googens at 11/34 verbitt. Only cost me 6' of catgut and a femur.
Fubar of the HillPeople Dan KE6ERB AMA605992

MJKolodziej wrote:

And if that is the stone I think it was, it was stolen from me by a load of bikers around 1971. I'd like it back please.
Well, I had 145 of em and the extra one just didn't fit in the case.