Propsafe the ultimate RC Plane Aircraft Ground Anchor

Hi Recently purchased a Propsafe after looking at the advert in the January 2006 Model World page 107 What a fantastic piece of kit and only cost me 14.95 including 1st
class delivery
The reason im posting this note every body should purchase a Propsafe it screws into the ground tight and cannot be pulled out unlike spikes and screwdrivers
1 year ago I had a very nasty hand injury due to a propeller strike one of the screwdrivers pushed in to the ground that held back my Piper Cub pulled out when I was on full chat the plane lurched forward spun around and the prop kit my hand very nearly lost 2 fingers
I cant believe some clubs are still recommending restrain your plane by screwdrivers if on your own this fantastic piece of kit its purpose made very strong with cushioning foam and has a unique method of screwing into the ground its so easy to use
Well done the Propsafe team and your absolutely right about Health and Safety clubs should be seen doing more than advising people to use screw drivers because even though I was insured by the BMFA for limb injuries they did not pay out because they do not class screwdriver as a safe means of Ground Anchor so beware
Have a look at Propsafe web site www.propsafe.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@propsafe.co.uk and they also advertise on Ebay from time to time their
Happy safe flying to all Chris Jackson
Their web site is screwed up. Not even a picture of the device.
and they also advertise on Ebay from time to time their
Happy safe flying to all Chris Jackson
I had no problem going to their site! Interesting item,but a sneaky way of spamming the group!
and they also advertise on Ebay from time to time

Works fine here. Gord Schindler MAAC6694
and they also advertise on Ebay from time to time

Picture I see is a corkscrew with a foam covered "U" attached to the top. Site works fine for me.
--
Dan
AMA605992

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 01:27:14 GMT, "Robert Scott"

Hi
You wouldn't even need a buddy - just use 2 different email addresses.
Many years ago in my youth (pre-PCs and Newsgroups era), myself and a couple of buddies decided as a prank to get an argument going in our local newspaper so did exactly what you suggested. One of us wrote to the letters page on a controversial subject and the rest wrote follow-up letters. It worked a treat; unsuspecting members of the public joined in, all hell broke loose and within a week or two the paper announced it was accepting no more letters on the topic as it was getting swamped with mail!!
I also used the letter technique to get free advertising near Christmas when I once owned a hobby shop. I used to carefully watch the letters page in our local paper and if I saw a likely letter I would reply to it as "Proprietor of XXXXXcraft hobby store", casually dropping into the letter that I sold items such as metal detectors and/or model aircraft (depending on the topic under discussion), which would make ideal presents.
The paper usually published the letters and saved me a fortune in advertising costs.
Alas, the shop went a long time ago!!!
Regards
KGB
Hehe, any free plublicity you can get is well worth the effort. We had a really bad blizzard a few years ago when I was the sales manager for a local computer company. I contacted all of the radio and TV stations and notified them that our company would be closed on Sunday but open for business Monday morning for sure.
We were closed on Sunday anyway, and none of the employees understood why I had contacted the stations until I laughed and asked them when the last time they'd heard our company's name on television. I don't know if we got any extra business from that blizzard directly, but it never hurts to get your name mentioned to anyone who might be listening.

Haaaar! You're too funny! I'm not his buddy (Neat concept though) and after several days of trying I finally saw his ad on the U.K. ebay. His site still doesn't work for me.
You guys are really inventive with your SPAM theories :-)

Sure... OK "Jim," or whatever your REAL name is.... ;-)
:-)
Good flying, desmobob
OK Chaps Please don't take the P*** out of me over here on the other side of the pond in the UK But is true, our RC model clubs over here still tell us to secure our model aircraft by screwdrivers Have you had an injury yet, it's painful and 12 weeks off work with no pay ,mmm Well its up you chaps, I only talk the truth!!
Nice to have yor feedback though
Regards Chris Jackson

I use a rounded Y shaped metal spike, it's certainly safer than screw drivers and I'd recommed it to anyone, However Mine was made by a friend wwhich cost me a fiver. The ones sold are good but prixcey for waht they are
Ok That's fine until it pulls out under a 120, only 1 spike at least I use d 2 screwdrivers to hold back the plane Have good insurance do u Lost me 4 grand I think I would pay 15 quid than a fiver Try and pull this mother out of the ground Happy safe flying Chris jack J :-)

it's a 12 inch spike, and nothing has pulled it out yet, if I had a 4 grand plane I'd be flying with a helper and they'd hold it.