r/c on 35 and 40mhz in eu

please can i use any type of receiver (robbe, futaba, act, jr/graupner) with any type of transmitter. on same freq and on same type of modulation :).

thanks

realdo

Reply to
Realdo

not really.

In the UK...

35Mhz is for Air 40 is for ground, you cannot use 40 for a plane

All the digital (PCM) recievers only work with the same make transmitter, most the the analog PPM recievers are interchangable (but check thouroughty before take off!!) but to be honest if your looking to save a bit of money are you willing to risk yout model in the air?

Reply to
Gavin

| On Wed, 18 May 2005 07:36:03 +0200, "Realdo" | wrote: | | >please can i use any type of receiver (robbe, futaba, act, jr/graupner) with | >any type of transmitter. on same freq and on same type of modulation :). | | not really. | | In the UK... | 35Mhz is for Air 40 is for ground, you cannot use 40 for a plane

That's a fair point. | All the digital (PCM) recievers only work with the same make | transmitter, most the the analog PPM recievers are interchangable (but | check thouroughty before take off!!)

PPM is digital too. Just different. A minor nit, but your older transmitters probably do say `digital proportional' on them. (Of course, to be fair, PCM is `more digital'.)

The real concern when mixing diffrent brands of transmitters and receivers is that the shifts won't match. But as far as a I know, this is only a concern in the US, and that outside of the US (or on the ham bands) all the shifts match, so PPM equipment is generally interchangable.

But I'm in the US, so I don't have much experience with stuff outside the US ...

| but to be honest if your looking to save a bit of money are you | willing to risk yout model in the air?

Depending on how much `a bit' is, and how cheap his plane is, he may very well be willing to risk it. For a small foamie slope flyer, it's generally OK to have stuff that you're not completely sure works. For a giant scale turbine powered jet, no.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Ok Thanks, for start with rc aicraft I looking for all possibility which one work with other brands of electronic equipment. This is my first step with plane. I made plane looking coro spadet lc 40 but make with epoxy.

Thanks Realdo

Reply to
Realdo

Yup. If its PPM.

AM won't work with FM and PCM NBFM is distinct to each manufacturer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No it isn't. Its multiplexed PWM.

Reply to