RC - receiver

Hello,

What is the diference between positive shift and negative shift receiver?

Regards, Ovidiu

Reply to
Ovidiu

The data stream from the transmitter is encoded by swinging the frequency up (or down) a little to mark the separation and pulse lengths of each servo.

Which way the swing is, is whether its positive or negaitive shift.

If yoyu use a transmitter/receiver pair on opposite shifts, they simply don't work.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Isn't it true that Aerotronics and JR use positive and all the others use negative shift? I found this out when I tried a JR flight pack with my Futaba Xmitter. It didn't work and Tower had to send me a HiTech unit instead.

Reply to
Marlowe

I never needed to find out, because here on 35Mhz, they all have the same shift.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think Multiplex also uses postive shift. There are several aftermarket receivers that will work on either.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee