Re: 1/20 scale spruce goose

A friend of mine, Darrell Meyer, built a 1/20th scale model in Orange

CA in the late '70s early 80's. (Pretty sure that was the scale wingspan of 16' I believe...)

He and his brother Merle flew it successfully several times. I thin it was Darrell at the helm and Merle with separate controls for th eight throttles that were required! It was on display with th original Spruce Goose in the Dome next to the Queen Mary in Long Beach CA for a while. I'm not sure where it is today... Eric Russ Tustin, C

-- TuneSmyt

----------------------------------------------------------------------- TuneSmyth's Profile:

this thread:

TuneSmyth

this is the meyer spruce goose on flying models cover in november 1981 for u all to see. also some pics of my spruce goose 12ft span 48 lbs 8 eflight 32s 7 flights now. happy landings all. jim.

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 4bb26c5853278_156234b.jpg | |Download:
| +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2010#2.jpg | |Download:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2018#2.jpg | |Download:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2009 453.jpg | |Download:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 2009 430.jpg | |Download:

multienjim

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:50:34 -0500, multienjim wrote in :

Well done, Jim--very impressive!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

That's an achievement and a half. Good work.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Outstanding! It looks great and I hope it flies well!

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

You might get some good building tips from the 100", 15lb electric one:

Geoff

thanks every one, the goose has 7 flights on it now and it flies like a dream. there are videos on u tube under jims spruce goose if you would like to see it fly. happy landings all jim

Reply to
multienjim