Re: Anyone tried the new (girly) YS yet ?

Uh....it actually says it's exactly the same size and weight as the .91FZ. Basically it's a rebored .91. Where did you get your '20% bigger' info from??

I'm waiting for Central Hobbies to get more stocks of the 1.10FZ, so I can put one on my World Models 1.20 Ultimate Bipe. I was running a .91FZ on it (which I pinched for a pattern model), so I'm banking on the 1.10 being the same size!!

MrBonk

I only ask because the ys website
says the 1.10 > is "5 to 8% more power depending on fuel used". But it is around 20% > bigger. So, has anyone tried one yet and if so do their power > estimates seem reasonable ? > > -- > Boo >
Reply to
MrBonk

The 20 percent is bigger displacement, not physically bigger size.

.91 + 20% = 1.092.... pretty close to 1.10

I'm waiting for Central Hobbies to get more stocks of the 1.10FZ, so I can put one on my World Models 1.20 Ultimate Bipe. I was running a .91FZ on it (which I pinched for a pattern model), so I'm banking on the 1.10 being the same size!!

MrBonk

Carrell

Yep......dawned on me about 10 seconds after clicking the 'send' button.......D'OH!

MrBonk

MrBonk

Correctamundo ! And hence my question about whether the 5-8% hp improvement is a conservative early estimate on YS's part ?

Just wondered if anyone had played with one yet and if so what their observations were. Also if anyone knows a stockist in the UK who actually has one in stock that'd be interesting too ;-) (Probuild don't seem to mention it on their website yet btw).

Reply to
Boo