Re: Electric vs Gas newbie question

Buy a Twin Star and then decide! In my very humble opinion, one of th > best

> aileron trainers out there. The problem then is - what next. > CM > > > Hi - newbie here... Anyone out there have a good electric plane? o > is gas > > the way to go? > > > >

i trained on the nexstar, worked great, flew great and i never crashe it onc

-- imapim

----------------------------------------------------------------------- imapimp's Profile:

this thread:

imapimp

I'm about 50/50 on electric and glow. I do think one of the best first planes is the GWS Slowstick. The plane itself with a motor goes for about $30. Get a decent 4 or 6 channel radio with micro servos, a battery pack w/ appropriate charger and appropriate ESC (electronic speed controller) and you can be in the air in about an hour plus charge time. If you waste the plane, which is harder to do now that they switched to a fiberglass stick instead of the aluminum one, you go get another for $30 bucks and usually you can put all the electronics from the crashed one into the new one. Aside from props tho, you can fix these things an amazing amount of times with tape and/or epoxy. My dad and I sometimes combat with them.

Reply to
fubar1

Ditto what Fubar1 says - the SlowStick is a great way to get started. First flights on a day without ANY wind/breeze !

Electrics are an easy way to get started, then try your hand at gas (nitro). I personnally like gas, the sound, the smell sort of contribute to the excitement of it.

Richard

p.s. - after two years, I still enjoy flying my GWS SlowStick.

Reply to
rszanti