Re: hard start saito 180 with smoke

Sounds like you have a tank pressure problem because of the smoke system. I'd put a third fuel line in the tank for refueling and then add a check valve to the smoke pump output line.

CR

Gary Kaufman wrote:

heres the equipment: > > Saito 180, tme smoke, slimline pitts smoke exhaust with > preheater integral, engine in hanger 9 edge540, mounted sideways > > problem, cant get the damn thing primed to start, i can cover the exhaust > with my hand and turn the prop and > slowly get fuel to carb but then the fuel gets sucked back about 4 inches > from the carb, im using large fuel line also, > i have come to the end of my patience and removed the smoke system and > muffler, went back to stock exhaust and the engine fired right up, BTW, the > few times i did get the motor going with the smoke setup it was awesome > but then i couldnt get it running agin, ive tried check valves but > they interfere with fueling the plane through the large dubro fueler, > incedently i bypassed the feuler valve often timesduring troubleshooting > > any help ar advise is greatfully accepted > > gary > >
Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Sounds like you have low tank pressure because of the smoke system. I'd put a third fuel line in the tank for refueling and then add a check valve to the smoke pump output line.

CR

Gary Kaufman wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson