Re: Hobby Tools

Hi all..

> >Anyone know a good supplier of minature hobby tools such as spanners, >sockets sets etc.

You could try any of the RC shops, but usually I personally find the local DIY a cheaper source for tools that I use only occasionally.

If the cheap tool out of a cheap kit wears out I buy a decent version for decent money. For the rest of the kit I don't mind if I never use it because it was "cheap".

Downside is you need to keep a eye on your tools to see wear before it damages your nuts and bolts.

best regards

Olaf

Reply to
Olaf Greck

Two good places I have found are Micro Mark and Harbor Freight. Both places are located in the US. Both also have websites.

Also, check your local craft-type store and your LHS for small tools. One possible source would be miniature-house supply stores.

Good luck finding what you need.

Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"

Reply to
Dr1Driver
[snip]

ps:

Olaf Greck

Check out model train shops. They seem to be very tool-oriented.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

DOH!

jeboba

smalltools.com isn't the one I was looking for. There is another company with a very similar name and web site that has tons of very small tools...what you're looking for. I'll see if I still have their catalog around here and post their web site.

Reply to
jeboba

I was thinking of micromart? or something of that nature. I recall a lot of small tools and such, though I cannot find them now. rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

Micro Mark is definitely a good one

jeboba