Re: Mexican Frequncies?

constructive

Reply to
Punch

This doesn't sound much like America. We are generally friendly toward these people. DR-1 is an exception.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

| >Wood floats... | >We can make it fly... | | One kind of wood don't float.. Natalie.

*groan*

Several types of wood don't float. Ebony wood, lignum vitae, larch wood, Pernambuco, Rosewood. I'm sure there's more ...

Probably won't find many of them in R/C planes, though ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

If you are so tired of these posts, why do YOU keep posting? For that matter, why do you post AT ALL?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Sounds like just about anywhere you care to name, actually. I think you will find the US a very tolerant place compared to some I have been to. We are positive heathens compared to Canada, though. ;^)

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Its not so much being friendly, as being prepared to take a little drop in your standrad of living, to avoid out of work alienated people flying airplanes into your towns.

Or worse.

The secret of being rich, is not to show it off too much...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is the point. I've been down streets in the USA that no self respecting White Man would dare to go down...and that was in the '70s'

I've been down similar streets in every country I've ever been to.

Including my own.

It just amazes me that peple find it such a novel experience. Or equate it to some particular nationality, or immigration.

Been down Harlem recently? I haven't, but I doubt its changed much..

I think you

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

From where I sit I don't see where you're much of a lover of anything!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Well old age and cyniscism does creep up quite fast....after you have seen politicians and the media in action for 50 odd years, and been around long enough to see th results of people acting on what they say...you get to be able to spot a load of bullshit a bit earlier than teh youngsters. My Estonaian friend puts it crudely and simply.

"The aim of teh media and governments in practice is to stick their fingers up your botton and get you to dance to their tune, and mainly that is a tune that leads to their increased power and wealth, and your increased ignorance. That is the ideal state for a Western democracy, as far as its leaders are concerned."

Sadly, as life goes on, I find myself more in agreement with him.

It is fundamentally obvious that there are less well informed and less widely educated people out there. Obviously too, to get elected, you have to tell them a story they can relate to. What marks the few decent politicians from the rest, is that the few decent one attempt to educate and inform, whilst the rest are content to not only play on the ignorance of the public at large, but increase it at every juncture, by bad education, propaganda, fear, uncertainty and doubt. Cf 'The Ballad of Medgar Evers', by Bob Dylan C 1967? The line I remember goes something like 'to keep up his hate so he'll never think straight'.

Its not DRi's fault he's on the receiving end of some pretty powerful indoctrination: No country is blameless in that respect. One does hope however, that the odd voice raised in dissent will cause enough people - a critical mass - to actually reflect upon and question the values, and the motives for the promulgation of those values, taht are firce fed by the powers-that-be on a voting public..

If you look at the rise of all of teh nastiest dictators the world has seen - many of whom arose out of so caled democracies, in nearly all cases they were able to succeed out of a combination of economic change

- useually for teh worse, the generation of both internal and external threats - to focus anger and hate away from themselves and onto third parties, followed by a ruthless set of lawmaking that is overtly 'in the best interetsts of the country' but in reality serves mainly to strengthen their absolute power.

That is how weak men become strong. That I see remarkable parallels with the global situation today is many countries, does not fill me with hope.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ho, Ho, Ho, ;>)

Reply to