Re: [RCSE] Crazy max

Well, after a handful of flights on my crazy max - it bit it today. The wing just flew off at about 50 ft. I had the rubber bands connected to the skewers that I mounted in the firewall and they must have slipped off. I was very close to a power line and couldn't tell if I hit it or not. Either way, the max is damaged. The firewall is completely broken off along with the thick foam supports. The wing floated down without a scratch, and the tail is undamaged, but I think the motor shaft may be bent. Is it worth repairing or should I get another kit and use this one for parts?

-- T3E871

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

T3E871

Forget repairing or buying new--just make a new fuselage out of 1/16 balsa. Check out last month's issue of Radio Control Modeler (RCM)--there was an article about making a new fuselage for the Crazy Max. Works great, and gives you more room for radio gear.

Moe

Reply to
Moe Blues

Hi Moe, Could you be a little more specific about the article in RCM. Exactly what month, title of article, pages? I went to their website and looked at April, May, June, July and August and couldn't find any reference to that subject. I have a Crazy Max that I am not happy with the fuselage and would like to use a different one. Thanks,

Art K6KFH

Reply to
Art K6KFH

The title of the article was something like "Coping with Leftovers," and I think the author was John Likakis. My copy is buried under the heaps of stuff in what I laughingly call my office, so I can't give you the issue date. However, I think it was May or June.

Moe

Reply to
Moe Blues

"Coping with Leftovers" was in the July 2003 issue of RCM; page 28...

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Fulmer

Art,