Re: Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ jisnowep

Subject: Re: Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!!

>_____________ jisnowep >From: snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Eric) >Date: 11/23/2004 8:30 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id:

Who says Chamberlain was fooled. Britain needed two years to build up

>her military. Spending for which skyrocketed after Munich by the way. >Chamberlain bought her part of that time. He's obviously smarter than >you. He knew that only a fool starts a gunfight when they only have a >knife. > >We tend to make a big fuss of those who ignore Shakespeare's adage to >'not cry havoc when you should hunt with but modest warrant' and >suceed an forget the the ones whi reside under the tombstone marked 'I >died because I was stupid.' > >Diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggie until one finds a suitable >throwing rock. He did as well a job of that as anyone could have. > > >Eric

The rewriting of history is usually done by those suffering from rectal cranial inversion. Historically the rest of the civilized world think Chamberlain's actions are considered capitulation. Joe L. "Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep on talking."

-Hank Hill

Reply to
JosLvng

"The rewriting of history is usually done by those suffering from rectal cranial inversion."

Claiming Chamberlain capitulated *IS* the rewriting of history. We've known about the massive increase of british military spending since....1938.

"Historically the rest of the civilized world think Chamberlain's actions are considered capitulation."

That would be because it was fashionable to blame old dead white men who can't defend themselves. Duh.

Any thinking man since 1938 knew what Chamberlain was doing; buying Britain the time to build up it forces for the upcoming battle.

The fact that Churchill appointed him as Lord President of the Council speaks volumes about his selfless contribution to Britain's freedom in

1938. It was a vote of confidence and thanks for a job well done.

Eric

Reply to
Eric