RE" Tri County Eagles

If you're so concerned why don't you address your concerns to the > Tri-county

> Eagles? While you're at it, perhaps you could convince the Congress to > shut > down 80% of all commercial airports in the country - Troll!

Thanks for your sarcastic input. The concerns were voiced to the club president not only about this situation, but several other serious issues, such as , flying over the no-fly zones, flying over the pits, flying models that are too big for the field, noise complaints. The president and his cronies are the main violators. Its a club very much like this group. If they don't like your point, valid or not, you get your balls broke. With asshole like them and you, the Congress will most likely start shutting down model airplane fields or strictly regulating them in the not so distant future.

Reply to
zara

So your response was intended to be "mildly sarcastic"? Why is that?? You don't like airing out a clubs dirty laundry?? Too bad. The president of that club, is the most dangerous,-- a habitual rules violator. In fact, I'm told that they were threatened with the loss of that field, if they didn't change their ways. To date, they haven't. But maybe when they drop a jet into someone's house. I notice than Allan Schneider, who I am told is also member of that club, distorted the facts in his response to the OP. Maybe he will run back and report what is going on here. I hear that his nose is so far up the Pres's butt, he can hardly breath. Maybe it will make a difference. A good friend of mine flies that field, and I have also, as a guest. Their president is a real jerk. Most of the guys are great, but are forced to put up with this guy, he's a real misfit. To notify the AMA as you suggest, would make more waves than my post. This is a RC forum, and I can bring up any subject that I want.

.
Reply to
zara

My response is to all of the previous posters. Again it's the pots calling the kettles black. Thank God that none of you are in any positions of importance or have any significant authority. If any of you did, we would well be into World War III! Most of you exemplify a lack of qualities that make us humans more than a bunch of monkeys swinging through the trees.

I don't believe that Tri County Eagles really is much different than most clubs throughout the US of A which is why I don't belong to a club. As some of you may know, I have my own private 100 acre flying field which is off limits to the public.

I have visited many flying fields over the years, and I have found nearly all of them to be run and staffed by a bunch of unpleasant crusty old field geezers who also make up most of the membership. These are generally lonely old men who don't really have any better way to spend their time. They aren't interested in modeling or RC flying but rather forming some nebulous attachment to the human race. Their families have probably disowned them or seldom and reluctantly visit them. The only requirement for membership is a permission slip from the AMA and a plane which they don't even have to fly. I notice that most of them spend their time at the flight line.

I would say that the number of flying sites will rapidly decline over the coming years mostly due to the old field geezer mentality that haunts most of them. The powers that be and the membership is non inclusive. This is only to be expected from people who lack tact, diplomatic skills, and openly express their hate for many elements of American society. Most clubs are a bunch of old white men who do their best to preserve the staus quo. I have seldom, if ever, seen a black, hispanic, or a younger person at any of these fields.

Frankly, I hope that local governments do close down these fields driving the geezers to the public parks to feed the pigeons that will shower them with rewards from above. It's what they richly deserve!

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

Say hey! Akimoto's back, and in classic form as the resident comedian.

Bill, oldcoot/ geezer/ duffer/ fuddyduddy

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Hey,

Didn't CO have a 100 acre flying site off limits to the public???

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

A 100 acre flying field for a duraplane and a stick?

I'm impressed!

Dave

Reply to
David Bacque

Sure, but there is no way these two could be connected in anyway just because they paint the hobby with the same broad brush. Can a single entity be connected to itself? :-)

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield