Sig SE Wheel Pants

My club flys from a grass field. I am just completing a Sig SE and wonder if I should install the pants or just forget about them.

Reply to
Fred123

The Somethin Extra flys MUCH better with the pants installed. You can cram in a slightly larger wheel, and mount the pants high to help with the grass dragging.

Reply to
Steve

On 2/2/2005 12:04 AM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

I fly off a grass field and have pants on several of my planes. IMHO, the SE looks much better with the pants. Just make sure you have adequate space in front AND in back of the wheel - if need be "hog" out the opening with a dremel.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Fred,

I have flown an SE since they first came out and never had a problem using wheel pants on our grass field. In fact, the pants included in the kit are perhaps the best ones I have ever used. After 4+ years of flying this plane almost every week, I still don't even have the usual hairline cracks that always seem to develop.

As you can see, I'm impressed with Sigs quality. By the way, I'm referring to the kit version (I have no experience with the ARF version).

Dick Sutton

Reply to
Dick Sutton

Mine is a kit version also, haven't had any problems with the pants an

I only fly off grass

-- BrunswickO

this thread:

BrunswickOH