Re: [RCSE] R.I.P. The Old Don's Hobbies of Greeley Colorado

I just want to clear up Bob Ruths misinformations from earlier. Anyon

of the regulars from Don's knows it is quite a place. Just on example, Sunday January 30th brought in 54 people to watch and/or rac

1/24th scale slot cars. 18 people racing box stock class and 14 in th super-16 class. I understand that is not R/C racing, but it is winte time. Don has been working hard to get the parking lot across th street available come spring to host R/C racing. I understand th inventory may not be that of HT, but keep in mind this is a individually run small business that just made it through a year wit the street closed due to construction. He is not backed by a bi corporation to stock every component one needs. If he doesn't have i , he'll get it. As for pricing, Don's is as cheap as I've found o most items. In many cases cheaper than internet pricing! As for th uninformed clerks.......What is that? The store is Run by only 6 or s people, not one under 40. And they seem to know the answer to mos questions. You go ahead and grab your Tower Hobby catalog. Don's i doing more than most to bring the young kids into the hobby scene. Give it another try...Head down on a Sunday at noontime, open your eye and see what Don is doing for the hobby

-- bfd30

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bfd305's Profile:

this thread:

bfd305

bfd305 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcgroups.com:

It's good you have a hobby store nearby. For us out in the sticks (nearest hobby store is 100 miles away), people like Tower and Hobby People are our only choice.

It was different in the '60s. Flying model airplane kits were available even in the dime stores. Nearly every town had at least one hobby store. Every military base had a hobby sales shop that stocked all items including fuel, kits, engines, radio gear, balsa, glues, paints, etc. I saw them go out in the early '70s. (But it was because service members could buy kits and gear cheaper by mail order through startups like Tower and Hobby Shack.)

- HPT

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

My opinion of the new management and what I experianced at the time of my posts stands. While you are clearly welcome to your opinion, you have no bases to refer to my original posting made now several months ago as "Misinformation". Do you know me? Do you have any proof that I lied about my experiances? Were you standing right behind me every second that I was in the store, months ago? Since you do not know me on what bases can you claim my posts were misinformation? Is it your assumption that anyone that does not agree with you is spouting misinformation? The only misinformation I see here is your implying someone who expresses an opinon differnt from yours is not speaking the truth. After those posts, once again months ago, I have not been in the store therefore I have no clue if conditions have improved or not. I therefore have not posted any further comments on how the new management is progressing or digressing nor would I refer to your postive comments as misinformation. If you disagree with my conclusions please feel free to express your opinions, but be mature enough not to slander and insult someone that disagrees with your views.

Enough Said

Bob Ruth

Reply to
B Ruth