RCU - R.I.P.

Well it has FINALLY happened.
For years many here begged and pleaded for SOMEONE to host a moderated forum
where those that care could discuss AMA issues and avoid the inputs and
flames from AMA haters, or at least cool their jets. For a while we had
that in R/C Universe. Sadly, it is no more. I think they decided to join
all the AMA haters because more than one of their team boys seems to have
some serious problems that get demonstrated to the world in non - sportsman
like behaviours and discussed on the AMA Discussion forum. In the day and
age where AMA VP's threaten membership status changes over things they see
written on the Internet, I find it offensive that what is presented by RCU
as my text is NOT what I have written. That is the position RCU seems to be
taking today. No longer can one be sure that what is read has anything to
do with what the author wrote.
Those guys are so messed up that they threaten the forum posters with
closure of already closed threads.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
JGB, Can you refer us to the specific thread?
RS
"Six_O'Clock_High" written on the Internet, I find it offensive that what is presented by RCU
Reply to
Red Scholefield
I have been posting on RCU for the last several years. No More.
One has to remember that the AMA forum was started there by the owner of RCU as a place to bash the AMA. Several of us had been able to get past that start and discuss AMA issues in spite of the constant bashing.
Unfortunately, Six_O'Clock_High's ovservations are spot on.
JR
Reply to
J_R
No reference as to what specifically was changed, what thread, when exactly . . . . . Edited posts have a note as to who edited it, either the poster or the moderator, no one else can edit another's post.
Lets hear the other side of the story before passing judgment on RCU.
RS
> In article , > Six_O'Clock_High
Reply to
Red Scholefield
| No reference as to what specifically was changed, what thread, when exactly | . . . . . | Edited posts have a note as to who edited it, either the poster or the | moderator, no one else can edit another's post.
Going through the normal channels, maybe.
But behind the scenes, there's a database that is pretty easy to edit, and it leaves no visible trail. Or the board software may allow certain admins/moderators to make changes that do not get logged as an edit. In fact, having that ability is probably the norm rather than the exeception, but the norm is also that the feature is very rarely used.
But yes, some specific threads and what exactly was changed would be nice. It's possible that the old version of a thread could still be in your web browser cache, so you could get an exact comparison that way.
Reply to
Doug McLaren
Red
My posts in the Lipo warning thread were modifided, some deleted, then some restored. The end result is different from the way the thread read. Others in that thread have been subject to edit by moderators, as noted on their posts... just as Six_O'Clock_High stated. One poster, Abel Pranger, chose to modify his own posts, which of itself changed the way the thread read. I can not tell you why he chose to make the changes.
The thread was locked before the other changes were made. I believe they have the thread reading as they would like now. Cute.
At any rate, the way the thread reads now has no relationship to the way it once read. A shot was taken at me after I had announced that I was leaving. Then additional changes were made to the thread. Enough is enough... at least for me.
JR
Reply to
J_R
I'll tell you why, JR. Actually I did in an PM to one of the moderators that I cc'd you on - but I can understand why you weren't there to read it.
It was because I could.
After one of the moderators went sideways on you, I noticed others coming out the woodwork. There were only three active threads at the time, outnumbered by moderators. After two of the threads were killed with no apparent reason and remaining one was obviously in the gunsights, I deleted my posts before a Keystone Cop could alter and freeze them.
Weird. Seemed like there was some dispute behind the scenes as to who has the shiniest tin badge. Nobody watches the watchers.
For those asking when the forum died and why, it was 12/18.
Abel
"I did not have moderation with that woman"
Reply to
Abel Pranger
Red,
the second link has to be put in context. Plane Insane, the RCU Administrator, had locked the thread on the 18th when he made his post. Then, Ghost Rider road in on his whatever he rides and made the last post, offering to lock it some more. Maybe he thinks someone has a set of bolt cutters for RCU locks, or he has a way to double lock a thread. One of the two threads Plane Insane locked had no action for a couple of days prior to his locking it.
The tin star "gang that could not shoot straight" comes to mind.
Reply to
J_R
A sure sign of stupidity is to be concerned with what forums like RCU do or don't do. The same can be said for the AMA. As I have said before, I have my own 100 acre flying site where I thoroughly enjoy the hobby without the approval or disapproval of the AMA or its minions of old geezers who inhabit their sanctioned flying sites.
And exactly what is the big deal about someone having a 100 acres of land? I bought this parcel of land many years ago exactly for the purpose of flying models and a place to retire. If any of you had any brains or foresight, you too would be in my enviable position. Sadly, for you, you didn't look ahead and likely spent all your money on drugs and booze.
Take the despicable Red Scholefield (I didn't bother to look up the spelling of this worthless fool's name) who spends his time attacking me and many others on this forum. This worthless piece of trash is the epitomy of a lowlife POS. Once he wished I would come to some bad end such as being set upon by a horde of old field geezers. Fortunately these old buggers are all mouth and no action either on the ground or in the air, so it's no wonder that he identifies with them.
And what I have to same about Red also applies to McIntosh, the man with balls of steel and a brain of mush and others of his ilk.
The worthless AMA does more to discourage younger fellows from becoming involved in the hobby with all their pretentious bloviating trying to encourage new members. Look at the useless articles in the AMA which are mostly tiresome prattle about safety and trite inconsequential tech talk. Flying model planes isn't rocket science, and it doesn't require a lot of long-winded bullshit that does more to alienate than encourage potential RCers!
Look at the power who be that run the AMA. They are no more than a bunch of lonely old men who desperately need some place to spend their weekends and someone to talk too! Unfortunately they are the same old stupid fools that run Forums like RCU where they resort to the lowest most underhanded tactics to prevent any view that doen't entirely coincide with theirs.
Ciao and may I and Mr Billy have a wonderful joyful Xmas and a Happy New Year while I hope for the rest of you the doctors inform you of only a handful of days left to live.
Mr Akimoto
Reply to
Mr Akimoto
Yaaay.. Akimoto's back and in splendid form. Always the best chuckle of the day and a disappointment if he don't show up.
oldcoot / geezer / duffer / fuddyduddy and curmudgeon Bill
Reply to
Bill Sheppard
Like to top post? Learn the drill.
> No reference as to what specifically was changed, what thread, when > exactly > . . . . . > Edited posts have a note as to who edited it, either the poster or the > moderator, no one else can edit another's post. > > Lets hear the other side of the story before passing judgment on RCU. > > RS >
>> In article , >> Six_O'Clock_High
Reply to
zara
My sentiments exactly. But it's to be expected from people without lives. Imagine - getting into a tailspin over such trivial chicken shit. RS is tied for first place.
Reply to
zara
He doesn't need an excuse and he can stay on his 100 acres for life for all I care. May he crash repeatedly forever!!
Reply to
Black Cloud
Is it just my perception, or are "zara" and Akimoto really one and the same spook? If so, please continue the entertainment. Better than Zippy the pinhead.
Bill(oc)
Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Site Timeline