To RCU Sellers

There are lot's of us "leeches" who refuse to register on RCU (and never will) but sometimes "leech" at RCU to check out sales items or messages. (Actually, I am registered but will never again sign in. I spend most of my time over at RCGroups.com.)

So what I would recommend to you sellers who put your stuff on RCU is to put your regular (ISP) email address in the comments section of your item so that non-RCU "leeches" can contact you for a potential sale.

You'd be expanding your potential customer base quite a bit. Screw RCU.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Boy, you sound like a flaming hypocrite to me, man!! If RCU is so bad, why don't you just stay off it all together!!! I think Mark was "spot-on" when he called you a leech!!!

John

MJC wrote:

Reply to
John Morley

Remeber John, unless you donated to Marc via paypal, he called you a leech as well.

Reply to
mpj220

Everything I have seen on RCU since the dictatorship took over looks like it is either a dealer or a grossly overpriced item. I used to love RCU but no longer. The number of auction/for sale items has dropped dramatically. There is usually nothing there worth looking at. Even the forums are down. I personally hope they die a long agonizing death for $%cking up a great site! I now use torqueroll.com and r/c groups. Both of which are really picking up!

Reply to
jeboba

I basically like TorqueRoll, but they can't seem to manage any more than around 850 members total while RCGroups is up to almost 23 thousand. I think RCGroups has turned out to be "the place to be" for ex-RCU leeches.

The stated membership of RCU at 66K has already been shown to be "questionable" at best so I wouldn't be surprised if RCGroups is at about the same level that RCU is now. One indicator of that is the "current" number shown for how many people are on the forums. For example, just a few minutes ago, RCU showed 1104 while RCGroups shows 938 (that's a typical spread ratio between the two sites at any given period of time). RCU says it has more than three times the number of members than RCGroups, yet, the number of active users at any one time aren't all that different. Interesting?... I think so.

I get a kick out of the 100 or so new members RCU shows are signing up every day but they don't modify their total membership to reflect the number of people who have left and not logged in since the change. Since they supposedly "drop" members from the rolls after 30 days of not logging in.... well, you just gotta wonder.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Dude, will you please just drop it already? We get it. You hate RCU. ENOUGH!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Actually I've found that I get three to four times the amount of sales from RCU than I get from Ebay. This is kind of exciting. However if you would like to take a look at what we sell then just cruse over to

and have fun. The site is live so if you order you will get charged and your order will be sent.

Reply to
Guy Fuller

Why not just list your stuff on RCgroups instead?

Reply to
easytiger

Actually I think the more people who dislike the new version of RCU should indeed note their displeasure. The folks at RCU might just take note and get back to the old system when "real people" were the bulk of the sellers. The new RCU is too commercial for my taste.

Just my 2 cents worth... and worth every penny!

Art

Reply to
Artster

I always like a retailer that publishes no way to contact them anywhere on their webpage yet, would like people to purchase from them. No telephone number or address on the site.

The sail car is interesting though. Is there any more info on it?

Reply to
mpj220

I do, and if everyone else listed there as well, I would look elsewhere. However, other people DO list elsewhere so that's why I look. What I was originally referring to is that I saw an item I would have bought immediately listed on RCU but since there was no direct way to contact the seller, he's still sitting on it. His loss, not mine; I found the identical item a day later on RCGroups and bought that one.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

You know I really have to thank you as that is really something I overlooked MPJ your absolutely right I didn't add that information to the front page I'll fix that today and then let you know. Thanks for letting me know that info I see that two sets of eyes are still better than one everyday now.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Fuller

Ok, Contact information has been added to the bottom of the page. You can also contact me through the contact link at the lower right hand corner of the page.

Check it MPJ at

Hope this helps Guy

Reply to
Guy Fuller

Good job Guy!

Now the second part - share a little info on that land sail. Any videos on the net of it in action? How much wind does it need to go?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
mpj220

Hey Mark, Gee, I'm just a retailer for them as they are one of the manufactures whose products I sell. You can find more information at

I'm trying to sell products you would not find in the big guys catalogs and off the wall unique items produced by people like you and me in there spare time and in there shop. Paragon Aero Spinners is a classic example. This person owns a CNC shop here in Tucson. When he is not busy with industrial orders he cuts spinners and fuel dots. If there good enough for the big boys there good enough for me. I use one on my VQ Zero and love it's balance. Balance the prop and you don't have to worry about the spinner causing vibration. The WindJammer Sailcars are owned by several guys in California hat couldn't fly because of the winds so they turned ther talents to something that would get there RC high with and r/c sailcar. Fantastic designs that offer an alternative to flying. D&L Designs is owned by a very good friend of mine and design partner Doug Lee. Between Mr. and Mr. L they have come out with some really great designs like the Gizmo that is really a hoot to fly with a big engine. I usually take one on my road trips when I'm out of town for several days.

However, most of my sales are for tools. The large items are dropshipped as I don't have the space to stock big bulky products. Please don't get the idea I'm getting rich off this as I make about enough to buy a gallon of fuel a month after all the bills are paid. That's OK as I'm having fun just selling the products I sell.

Reply to
Guy Fuller

Guy,

"Please don't get the idea I'm getting rich off this as I make about enough to buy a gallon of fuel a month after all the bills are paid."

You and me both!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh