Tired of RCU? Its OK... It's not your fault.. Really!

Are you caught up in all the frustrations about RCU? Like you I feel Marc has taken a good thing and made it worthless so instead of continuing to complain about it I'd like to point you in the direction of some other RC forum websites that are out there for your enjoyment. These sites may not be the largest or the most active RC websites on the Internet but they are certainly allot more user friendly and more in it for the hobby and not in it solely for the purpose of making money off it's users.

1.)
- Been online since before RCU was conceived and will most likely be there after it's long gone. I manage this one myself and my main concern is providing a place for everyone to enjoy the hobby, not to pad my pocket with your money.

2.)

- Started a couple of months ago when a former RCU user was unhappy about the direction RCU was heading and thought he could provide a better place for RC hobbyists.

3.)
- Mostly a focus on electrics but an excellent place with great management and a very large user database.

4.)

- Strictly focused on helicopters and a damn good place for information on them.

5.)
- Been around a long time and while not as active as it once was it still has some great information and great users.

Those are just a few that I visit... I am sure there are more but my point is if your unhappy with the recent actions on RCU the best thing you can do is not to use their new site. They will quickly learn that they made a big mistake when their greed for money took higher priority over enjoying the great hobby of RC.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you can find a new home at one or more of the sites I mentioned.

David Smith

David Smith

Useful information. but one of us had better find a new name!

Reply to
David Smith

Another David Smith... you know there are thousands of us. :D

How's my new name change?

Reply to
David "WreckRman2" Smith

Thanks David. I HATE the new RCU. I had several for sale listings on RCU that are now gone. My PM's are gone, etc. and now they want to charge a fee to sell things. I contend the free for sale listings you could do on RCU brought the modellers in which brought the commercial advertisers in. When the advertisers see how few of us use RCU they will go away too and RCU will fail. Too bad. It was wonderful before they messed with it. Mark's greed will be their downfall.

Reply to
jeboba

Thanks for mentioning Torqueroll.com, David. As some of you know, I manage Torqueroll.com and focus strictly on aviation including Helicopter, Planes, and Jets. We're not trying to be an all encompassing site like RCU, but try to have a sense of Community where people can discuss rc aviation topics. We offer our users a free photo gallery. Our classified section is becoming very active and it is free and does not require registering a credit card to post items for sale.

Try the site out at

I encourage you to visit all of the sites David has listed.

Thanks

Kevin Morris

Reply to
Kevin Morris
1000's maybe, but I'm the only one in my local phonebook!

New name looks great, hope it's not TOO true, or too often!

Reply to
David Smith

WreckRman2 is a nick I came up with years ago when I drove a tow truck/wrecker. The nick has stuck with me ever since... Must be nice to be the only one in the phone book. In Indianapolis I bet there are 300 David Smith's.

Reply to
David "WreckRman2" Smith

I used to live in London, there were PAGES of D. Smiths in the phone book there. Just remember, the name is popular, not common!

Reply to
David Smith

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between popular and common? VBG

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

There's a HUGE difference, believe me!

Reply to