"sticky" situation

I am getting tired of using the SLOW, SLOW GWS glue that they throw in every kit so can someone please recomend a FAST, FAST cure/dry glue or epoxy that is foam safe, can be bought at WalMart , craft store , Lowes, or Home Depo. I was looking at some of the glues ( like Crazy Glue ect.. ) at WalMart but most said " not recomended for styrofoam....." and I was not sure of the epoxies since some of the data on the back really did not say if it was safe or not safe for foam. Is there a brand name to look for??? Is there foam safe ca ???

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike R

Foam safe CA is out there, made by several mfgs.

The GWS glue is actually OK, but they don't tell you how to use it in the instructions. It is a contact cement. Put a thin layer on both of the parts you're going to glue together. Let the glue dry 10-15 minutes, then carefully press the parts together. Be careful with alignment, you only get one shot........

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

I use "Tesa universal glue" (the brand with solvent) the way PCPhill said. Cures hard in 24h. Works great and it's cheap.

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

On 2/1/2005 10:56 PM Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not so great) words of knowledge:

There is a "foam safe" CA. It is also called "odorless" CA. It is not cheap - about twice the cost of regular CA.

Epoxies are also safe for foam. Be careful with the epoxies as they can add weight quickly.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli