Single cell LiPo checker?

Hi,

I have a Zenoah 20 which uses a single LiPo cell (3.7v) as the ignition supply and have been looking for a checker that will indicate when the voltage drops to 3v. I found a gadget that reads individual cell voltages in multi-cell LiPo packs but it won't indicate for a single cell. Anybody know of a suitable widget that can be left connected in parallel to the cell in the aircraft to indicate the cell state? Alternatively is there an electronics guy out there who can come up with a suitable circuit to do the job? - I'm OK with soldering components etc.

cheers

Reply to
wrote8

How about a simple VOM?

Reply to
Tom Minger

I don't know the answer. I have the Zenoah 20 and currently use a very large NiCad. How does that Li-po work,what capacity (mah) is it? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

See if this circuit will meet your needs-

There are kits (Radio Shack sold some) that have a series of leds (Green, Yellow and red) that can be set to the range needed by changing component values. But, this LED circuit only comes on when it reaches the preset low voltage.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

cheers

Reply to
wrote8

Hi MK - It's a 3450maH single cell directly connected to the ignition module and works fine but it cost me about $60 in your money so I'm keen to make sure it doesn't get over discharged! cheers

Reply to
wrote8

BRC hobbies in the UK do a checker that is claimed to do one cell.

not sure where the OP is but there may be a shop selling something similar

Reply to
Gavin

Thanx for that - it sounds like it's what I'm looking for but I can't get the site to open at the moment - I'll keep prodding it. cheers

Reply to
wrote8

| > See if this circuit will meet your needs- | >

There are kits | > (Radio Shack sold some) that have a series of leds (Green, Yellow and | > red) that can be set to the range needed by changing component values. | > But, this LED circuit only comes on when it reaches the preset low | > voltage. | >

| > -- | > Anyolmouse | >

| | Thanx for that - it sounds like it's what I'm looking for but I can't get | the site to open at the moment - I'll keep prodding it. | cheers

The link works fine for me. You may have to type it in the address bar.

Reply to
Anyolmouse