SLICK Depron ARF for Indoor & Small-field Flying

IMHO Kit something that doesn't look like it's just been hit by a steamroller and people may 'buy' instead of just 'look'.
remove my-wife to reply :-)
Reply to
Icrashrc
Some of us like foam profile airplanes. Look no further than the popularity of Shockflyers and the hundreds of fan fold profile designs out there.
PCPhill
Reply to
PCPhill
Folks that are actually buying the plane seem to think it's a pretty good value from the feedback we're getting. For starters, ours isn't made from FFF, but rather from the much more expensive Depron which is significantly lighter. The parts are precision cut, including beveling all the control surfaces for hinging... something most modelers hate to do. You won't find that in the shock flyer kits. Then there's quite a bit of expensive carbon included, too.
We realize that a lot of guys cut their own foam planes, and more power to them :-) We appeal to those who want a well-engineered product that assembles very quickly into a phenomenal flyer for close-in aerobatics.
Randy Model Airplane Engineering
Reply to
R.J. Roman
For those of you who haven't built and flown a 'foamy' yet, please note that all of the Tournament of Champion and big time IMAC pilots like Qui-que Somenzini, Chip Hyde, Jason Shulman, etc. etc. are all flying them. They're a gas! ..er..electric! ;-)
Reply to
jim
Thanks for pointing that out, Jim. As a matter of fact, at least one of the former TOC winners is flying our SLICK! :-)
Randy Model Airplane Engineering

R.J. Roman

Site Timeline